About A. G. Tilley & Sons

Left to Right: Alfred George Tilley, Helen Tilley (daughter-in-law), Reginald Tilley (Son)

1800 to 2001

 

As far as we have been able to discover the name Tilley has been associated with building in Market Harborough area since the late 1800’s, although the name A.G. Tilley & Sons as we know it today comes from Alfred George Tilley who started the company around the 1920’s.

 

The company was then passed onto Reginald Tilley who was the father of Nigel and Richard Tilley. Both sons became partners of A.G. Tilley & Sons when Reginald Tilley retired. Nigel Tilley served his carpentry and joiner apprenticeship at WW. Browns and Richard Tilley became a plumber. The company carried on from the same premises in Little Bowden even during recessions.

 

In early 1990’s Richard and Nigel Tilley branched into retail when they bought the hardware side of the well known Mawer and Saunders. From this point until his retirement Richard Tilley ran Tilley and Saunders, supplying and fitting kitchen’s, bathrooms and hardware items. Nigel Tilley was now running the building side of the business.

 

 

Left to Right: Nigel Tilley, Carol Tilley, and Simon Tilley (Son)

2001 to present

 

In 2001/2002 Tilley and Saunders was sold and Richard Tilley retired, which is when the company of A.G. Tilley & sons was formed into a private limited company in 2002 by Nigel and Carol Tilley.

 

In 2004 Simon Tilley the son of Nigel Tilley joined the business with the hope to be able to carry the company on for yet another generation.

 

In December 2005 A.G. Tilley & Sons left Braybrooke Road, Little Bowden, which had been its home since the business began and relocated a couple of miles up the road to Beauchamp Grange on Harborough Road.

The Team

 

We have developed a close-knit team who work well together and respect the abilities of each other.  We have great pride in our work, and always try and go the extra mile to make sure our work is of a high standard.

 

 

Simon Tilley - Managing Director

Nigel Tilley -   Director

Carol Tilley -   Director & Company Secretary

Emma Tilley - Office Manager

 

Tom - Carpenter & Joiner

Lee - Plumber & Gas Safe Registered

Russell - Bricklayer

Matt - Carpenters Mate

Michael - Labourer

 

A. G. Tilley & Sons Ltd

Building in the Harborough District since 1864

simon-tilley@btconnect.com 

Call 0116 279 1010